Carpet pet stain removers are a great and inexpensive way to keep your carpets, rugs, and furniture free of stains. If you see pet stains or your pet urinating on the carpet, it is important to remove them right away. It is better to remove the urine as soon as possible so that no spots or odors are left behind.
How to Tackle Pet Urine Accidents on the Carpet
- The first rule is to always blot dry the stain. Get rid of the access moisture so you have something dry to deal with when you will use a pet stain cleaner
- If you are dealing with a fresh stain that is still wet, start by placing layers of paper towel over it. Cover it with an old newspaper and put pressure on the padding by placing some heavy objects on the spot. Repeat this until the spot is completely dry
- Rinse the stained area with cold water, followed by the blotting technique until dry
- Once the above steps are completed use carpet stain removers for cleaning pet stains
- It is always good to go with stain removers with an odor neutralizer. Avoid using ammonia, vinegar, and steam cleaners as they can set the urine stain permanently instead of removing it
We have reviewed the best carpet stain removers based on their effectiveness that you can consider buying if you are in search of one.
How to Remove Pet Vomit Stains from the Carpet
- Vomit stains the carpet quickly because of the strong acids they contain. Try to wipe off the vomit as soon as you spot it. Remove the larger chunk or solid parts with the help of a dustpan or a scraper.
- Blot the area with a clean cotton towel to soak up the moisture.
- Prepare a mix of one tablespoon of salt, liquid soap, and half a cup of vinegar in two cups of hot water. Apply the mixture over the stained area with the help of a cloth or a sponge and gently blot. Once the stain disappears, remove the cleaner with the help of a clean wet cotton towel.
- There’s another alternative that involves the use of hydrogen peroxide. Prepare a mixture of half a cup hydrogen peroxide and one tablespoon liquid laundry detergent in a container.
- Sprinkle some baking powder over the stain and pour the mix on the stained portion. Scrub the area with a soft bristle brush or a clean cloth. Remove the liquid with the help of a clean towel after 15 minutes and vacuum the area.
- If you still see traces of the stain on your carpet, use a carpet stain remover
How to Remove New Pet Stains?
Soak up the urine immediately then cover the damp region with a thick layer of paper towels. Put newspaper on the soiled area under the carpet. Repeat until the area is slightly damp. Using clean water, carefully rinse and blot dry the soiled area. We have a dedicated blog on the best carpet stain remover to help you with the buying decision.
How to Remove Pet Stains that Have Already Been Set?
- Use a carpet cleaner on the stained area. Once the area is clean, apply a high-quality pet odor neutralizer. If the area is still stained after it has dried fully, use a carpet stain remover.
- When cleaning urine odor from carpet or upholstery, avoid using steam cleaners. By attaching the protein to any man-made fibers, heat will permanently fix the stain and odor. Cleaning chemicals like ammonia and vinegar should be avoided.
- Chemical odors are likely to stimulate your pet to strengthen the urine scent mark in that place. If the urine has soaked into the padding beneath your carpet, using a chemical odor is helpful.
How to Prevent Pet Stains?
- Invest in a stain-resistant carpet
- Stain-resistant Scotch Guard products
- Getting rid of pet urine
- Nails need to be trimmed on pets
- The entrance should be hard-surfaced or tiled
- Make sure you vacuum twice per week
- When you have pets in your home, apply carpet powder
- Monthly steam cleaning is recommended
Best Carpet Cleaners Available
Dr. Beckmann Carpet Stain Remover
Dr. Beckmann Carpet Stain remover with cleaning applicator/brush is a concentrated, easy-to-use application that is ideal for stubborn, tough-to-remove, and even wood-based stains where the stains are not removed using the conventional methods. The product uses a unique cleaning and stain-removal technology which makes it ideal for stubborn, tough-to-remove stains.
OxiClean 24 oz. Carpet Pet Stain and Odor Remover
OxiClean 24 oz. Carpet Pet Stain and Odor Remover takes away the stain and also removes the odor. This remover also kills bacteria. It removes tough marks, including vomit, urine, feces, and much more. This remover uses a special oxygenation process and is designed for carpets, as well as area rugs.
Carpet Miracle Deep Stain and Odor Remover
The customer reviews of Carpet Miracle Deep Stain and Odor Remover claim that it comes in a pack of 32 fluid oz. that offers long-lasting usage. This remover also features a pleasant fragrance that helps in eliminating odor. The biodegradable and non-toxic formula of this remover makes it safe for children and pets.
Spot Shot Professional Instant Carpet Stain Remover
Spot Shot Professional Instant Carpet Stain Remover comes in a pack of 18 fluid oz. that offers long-lasting usage. It features a simple spray applicator that makes it convenient and easy to use. This remover is formulated with high-quality ingredients that cleans tough stains and odors instantly.
Folexport FSR128 Folex Gallon Spot Remover
Folexport FSR128 Folex Gallon Spot Remover's reviews mark that it comes in a pack of 128 Oz that offers long-lasting usage. The formula of this remover helps to instantly remove carpet spots efficiently. It is made of non-toxic and non-hazardous ingredients that make it safe for children and pets.
Remember that if your pet is continuously making a mess, it’s time to train them all over again. Be patient with them. Eventually, they’ll adapt to better ways. Having a carpet pet stain remover is extremely important in order to keep your carpet looking brand new.