Washing your pillows is really important as they can get soiled quickly. Pet hair, sweat, dust, and dirt can spoil your pillows. People who are sensitive to dust mites can get allergic reactions if they do not wash their pillows periodically. In this guide, we will tell you all about washing your pillows and some frequently asked questions about it. Read on to learn more.
When Should you Wash Your Pillows?
Generally, you should wash your pillows every six months. Of course, depending upon the usage, you can alter the time. But, pillow covers should be washed regularly to keep your pillows in good condition. Pillows in guest spaces do not need to be washed frequently because of lesser usage. A few signs can help you guess the time to wash your pillows:
- If your pillow or pillow cover starts turning yellow.
- If your pillows have an odor.
- They do not feel comfortable enough. Washing and drying pillows can help them retain their original fluffiness.
How to Wash Pillows in a Washing Machine?
Washing your pillows in a washer and dryer makes the whole process simpler. You should wash your pillows in a front-loading, non-agitating washing machine to ensure that your pillows do not get damaged. If you do not have one at home, you can also go to a laundromat. Also, remember to use non-toxic and phosphate-free washing liquid while washing pillows. Gain laundry detergent is a great product to use on delicate materials.
Repeat the following steps to wash your pillows in the washing machine:
- Remove the pillow cover and check that your pillow isn’t torn from anywhere. Torn pillows can leak.
- Put two pillows in the washer together to balance the load.
- Set the wash cycle to delicate and add the detergent. Use cold water to avoid shrinkage.
- Run another rinse cycle to remove any residual detergent. Wash your pillow cover separately.
How to Dry Pillows?
- Put your pillows in the dryer and set the temperature to the lowest.
- You can add two clean tennis balls to fasten the drying process. They’ll make the process noisy but won’t harm your machine.
- Run the dryer on a delicate setting. Repeat the cycle 2-3 times.
How to Clean Memory Foam Pillows?
Memory foam pillows should be washed only by hands because of their delicate material.
You can use mild dish soap and water to gently clean the pillow in a circular motion and allow it to dry in the air. Ensure that you only use lukewarm or cool water. Keeping it in direct sunlight or under a fan can help it dry quickly.
Taking care of your pillows is very important. As an indispensable part of our life, we should make sure that we take proper care of them and wash them regularly. If you like to keep changing your pillows, then you can also opt for throw pillows. They will increase the aesthetics of a room and offer a comfortable sleep. We hope our blog will help you next time you wash your pillows!
For buying options, head over to bestviewsreviews.com. We review & recommend some of the best products based on their quality, performance, and durability to simplify your buying process.
Happy shopping to you!
Stay up to date
Want to be the first one to know about the latest product reviews, subscribe now.