People enjoy air fryer chicken recipes because they offer the taste of authentic fried chicken without the grease and fat. You can cook crispy air fryer chicken recipes by using either less oil or zero oil. An air fryer circulates the hot air within its chamber to cook dishes. That is why air fryer chicken recipes are crispy outside and juicy inside. BestViewsReviews offers reviews for the top ranking products and a blog to help you choose the best-selling microwave with air fryer.
Why Use an Air Fryer for Chicken Recipes?
Cooking chicken in an air fryer like COSORI Smart Wi-Fi Air Fryer requires almost zero oil and still gives you restaurant-style fried chicken. It is healthier to air fry chicken than deep frying it. The air fryer is an efficient way to fry food in minimal oil. It reduces the mess created otherwise by cooking chicken recipes. One popular advantage of air fryers is their excellent reheating mechanism that can infuse flavor in leftover foods like pizzas, french fries, etc.
Most Popular Air Fryer Chicken Recipes
The Crispiest Air Fryer Chicken Wings
This is a must-make recipe in the air fryer that you shouldn't miss. You can now say goodbye to the unhealthy deep-fried chicken wings. Air-fried crispy chicken wings are light to eat and great to savor. Serve them with buffalo sauce and you are good to go. This delicious dish is one of the popular keto recipes and suitable for sportspersons and athletes.
Serves: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 45 Minutes
- Salt ( preferably Kosher)
- Half tablespoon garlic powder
- Non-stick Cooking Spray for the meat to stay tender
- One-fourth cup of hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- Unsalted butter
- Blue Cheese
- Wash the meat well and dry it with absorbent towels
- Sprinkle the salt and pepper and season it well. You can also put red paprika for taste
- Spray non-stick cooking spray or healthy cooking oil to prevent the meat from drying out
- Set the temperature of the air fryer to 380 F and place the seasoned wings inside the fryer
- Let it sit inside for 12 minutes. Flip it over after 7 minutes and repeat the process
- Once the duration is over, increase the temperature to 400 degrees and cook for 5 more minutes. The increase in temperature will offer a crisp exterior and brown the skin evenly
- Make a mixture by adding hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, butter, and thyme. You can also add some vinegar for that tangy taste. Coat the air-fried wings with it
- Serve it with some blue cheese or a cheese cream dip as a dressing
The Juiciest Air Fried Chicken
This is a very delicious recipe that uses buttermilk with a starchy coating of corn and flour. The air fryer circulates the air and cooks the chicken till it is tender and juicy.
Serves: 3 serving
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: Cooking time 30 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
- 2 lb chicken mixed cuts
- Half a cup Corn powder
- 1 cup of Flour
- Salt as per the taste
- 1 tbs of Pepper
- 1/2 tbs Paprika
- 1 to 1.5 tbs Garlic powder
- Cup Buttermilk
- One-Fourth cup Hot sauce
- Healthy Oil like canola or olive oil
- Make a mixture of buttermilk, hot sauce, and the spices
- Coat the chicken in the sauce
- Make a mix of corn, flour, and some amount of buttermilk to make a smooth batter
- Heat the appliance up to 375 F
- Dip the chicken into the batter and place it in the air fryer basket. It is recommended to spread them wide
- Drizzle a good amount of oil and cook the chicken for 30 minutes with 15 minutes on each side
- Take a meat thermometer and check the internal temperature which should sit at 165 degrees
- What you will get at the end of 30 minutes is sizzling golden brown chicken
The Perfect Air Fryer Chicken Breast
Making the perfect chicken breast is all about cooking time and how well you season it before cooking.
Serves: 2-8 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 Minutes
- 1-4 Chicken Breast (skinless/boneless)
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Salt (per breast)
- 1/4 tsp Pepper (per breast)
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder (per breast)
- Cook 8 oz chicken breast at 360°F for 9 minutes. Flip and repeat. Larger chicken breasts require a longer cooking time, whereas smaller ones require less
Open the air fryer right away so that it doesn't continue to cook in the heat
- With an instant-read thermometer, take the temperature in the thickest portion. The temperature should be between 158 and 160 degrees Fahrenheit. If it's below that, close the cover of the air fryer. Let the chicken cook for a few minutes in the residual heat. Then double-check it
- Place it on a platter and cover it loosely with foil, allowing it to rest for 5 minutes. It will continue to cook in the remaining heat, while the juices will go back into the meat
- After 5 minutes, take the temperature once more. The temperature must be at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit
- Serve right away, or set aside for dinner prep or another recipe
What Can You Take Away?
Air fryers like Ninja AF101 Air Fryer indeed are a healthier cooking option. They not only help you gorge on your favorite food without worrying about health. But it also eliminates certain dangerous elements like trans fats that are produced during deep-oil cooking. These are just a few of the recipes that we have mentioned.
We also have a dedicated blog to guide you on brilliant ways to use your air fryer for meal prep. Read it to prepare sumptuous and unexpected recipes. They offer a twist to the everyday routine dishes. BestViewsReviews rates and ranks some of the top-rated air fryers and leading deep fryers based on their quality, performance, and temperature control.
Stay up to date
Want to be the first one to know about the latest product reviews, subscribe now.