Fried chicken is a crowd-pleaser but the health concerns that come with deep-fried food are immeasurable. That's why air fryer chicken recipes have hit the right note as far as air fried foods are concerned. The air fryer is a modern kitchen appliance that promotes healthy cooking by using either less oil or no oil to make delicious recipes. It works by circulating hot air within its chamber which creates a crispy outside & juicy inside. This hot air cooks the food uniformly, without the need to use oil. If are not a proud owner yet, investing in an air fryer is totally worth it.
The popularity of air fryers has seen a rise in recent years as the majority of people have started becoming conscious about their health and are switching to healthier lifestyles. Air fryers cut out the need for oil entirely, resulting in a reduction of calories by almost 80%. Thus, if you are looking towards a healthier lifestyle, then buying an air fryer with the right considerations will help. Moreover, we strongly suggest you can read through the blog that read through the blog that lists 10 of the Best Air Fryer Tips that all Owners Should Know.
Why Use an Air Fryer for Chicken Recipes?
While cooking meaty dishes like chicken and bacon, the oil from the meat is sufficient to cook it thoroughly. But cooking meats in an oven, microwave, or over a gas grill is impossible without using generous amounts of oil for seasoning. However, while cooking with an air fryer there's no need of putting any extra oil, to whisk up amazing delectable recipes.
It is however recommended to use healthy cooking oil like virgin olive oil while preparing seafood recipes. The oil added in the seafood provides that extra crunch and makes the dish delicious. This blog will extensively talk about a few of the air fryer chicken recipes revolving around our favorite chicken, that are easy to make and delicious to eat.
Most Popular Air Fryer Chicken Recipes
The Crispiest Air Fryer Chicken Wings
If there is one must-make food in the air fryer that you shouldn't miss, then it is undoubtedly chicken wings. You can now say goodbye to the restaurant made unhealthy deep-fried chicken wings and welcome air-fried crispy chicken wings that are light to eat and great to savor. Add some buffalo sauce and you are good to go. Moreover, this delicious dish is one of the popular keto recipes often preferred by sportsmen and athletes.
(P.S Did you know; Buffalo sauce doesn't refer to any buffalo or bison, rather to a place called Buffalo where this sauce of hot pepper and vinegar was first served)
Serves: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 45 Minutes
- Salt ( preferably Kosher)
- Half tablespoon garlic powder
- Non-stick Cooking Spray for the meat to stay tender
- One-fourth cup of hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- Unsalted butter
- Blue Cheese
- Wash the meat well and dry it with some absorbent towels
- Sprinkle the salt and pepper and season it well. You can also put some red paprika for taste
- Spray some non-stick cooking spray or healthy cooking oil to prevent the meat from drying out
- Set the temperature of the air fryer to 380 F and place the seasoned wings inside the fryer
- Let it sit inside for 12 minutes post which flip it over and repeat the process
- Once the duration is over, increase the temperature to 400 degrees and cook for 5 more minutes. The increase in temperature will offer a crisp exterior and brown the skin evenly
- Make a mixture by adding hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, butter, and some thyme. You can also add some vinegar for that tangy taste. Coat the air-fried wings with it
- Serve it with some blue cheese or a cheese cream dip as a dressing
The Juiciest Air Fried Chicken
This is a very delicious recipe that uses buttermilk with a starchy coating of corn and flour. The chicken is tender with each piece bite into the mouth.
Serves: 3 serving
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: Cooking time 30 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
- 2 lb chicken mixed cuts
- Half a cup Corn powder
- 1 cup of Flour
- Salt as per the taste
- 1 tbs of Pepper
- 1/2 tbs Paprika
- 1 to 1.5 tbs Garlic powder
- Cup Buttermilk
- One-Fourth cup Hot sauce
- Healthy Oil like canola or olive oil
- Make a mixture of buttermilk, hot sauce and the spices
- Coat the chicken in the sauce
- Make a mix of corn, flour and some amount of buttermilk to make a smooth batter
- Heat the appliance up to 375 F
- Dip the chicken into the batter and place it in the air fryer basket. It is recommended to spread them wide
- Drizzle a good amount of oil and cook the chicken for 30 minutes with 15 minutes on each side
- Take a meat thermometer and check the internal temperature which should sit at 165 degrees
- What you will get at the end of 30 minutes is sizzling golden brown chicken
The Perfect Air Fryer Chicken Breast
Serves: 4 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Soak Time: 1 hour
Total Time 1 hour 15 minutes
- Kosher Salt
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8 cayenne pepper
- Olive Oil
- Before you even start cooking, flatten the breast with a food hammer and dip it in a bowl of water with kosher salt in it. This will make the chicken breast juicer and tender. Put it in a refrigerator for an hour
- Add all the dry spices into a bowl and add some oil. Make a mix and rub it all over the chicken once you draw it out from the refrigerator
- Heat the air fryer to 380 F and place the breast
- After 5 minutes flip it over and repeat the process. The entire process should not exceed 10 to 12 minutes.
What you will get is perfectly air-fried golden brown chicken breast. Now that you know everything about the recipes, it is strongly advised that you read through the blog that helps you clean and maintain an air fryer for a longer duration.
What Can You Take Away?
Air fryers indeed are a healthier cooking option. They not only help you gorge on your favorite food without worrying about health, but it also eliminates certain dangerous elements like trans fats that are produced during deep-oil cooking. These are just a few of the recipes that we have mentioned. With air fryers, sumptuous and unexpected recipes can also be prepared, offering a twist to the everyday boring foods.
Since the world is moving towards 'being healthy', there is no shame in switching to flexible modern cooking for a better life. If you are still not a proud owner of an air fryer you can take a look at our featured section to know more about them. Bestviewsreviews recommends and reviews some of the best air fryers based on their quality, performance, and durability to simplify your buying process. Happy Cooking!
To stay up to date on the latest product reviews