To jump start, a car with a jump starter requires a fair amount of electric charge. And only the good jump starters can offer that. The battery of your car can often go dead due to various reasons. Extreme weather, headlights left on for a long time, and a faulty alternator are some major causes. You might turn on your car in the morning, only to the sound of disappointment. But starting your car with a jump starter is really easy if you know the steps. In our blog, we’ll teach you how to escape this situation successfully.
How to Tell if the Battery is Dead?
A simple hack to this is turning the ignition. If the engine cranks, your battery isn’t dead and there’s another problem that needs to be fixed. Jump starting won’t help. However, if the car does nothing, your battery might be dead, and jump starters like DB Power 800A can help you bring the battery back to life. It is essential to get a branded car battery to avoid such issues occurring early.
How to Jump Start with Cables
- Ensure that both the cars are turned off
- Connect one end of the red jumper cable to the positive terminal of the dead battery
- The other end of the red jumper cable should be connected to the positive terminal of the good battery
- Connect one end of the black jumper cable to the negative terminal on the good battery
- Connect the other end of the black jumper cable to a clean and unpainted metal surface under the stalled car’s hood
- Turn the ignition for the car with the good battery for 2-3 minutes and then start the stalled car
- Remove the cable in reverse order
- Run the jumped car for at least 30 minutes to help the battery recharge efficiently
How to Jump Start Without Cables?
- Attach the jump starter. A good example can be DBPower Peak jump starter
- Find a downhill road
- Press the clutch and put your car in first gear
- Turn the ignition on
- Remove your foot from the brake and start rolling down the hill, fully pressing the clutch
- Glide till you reach the speed of 5-7 miles per hour
- Release the clutch slowly and feel the engine come back to life
- If nothing happens, press the clutch and release it again
Jump starting a car is pretty straightforward if you remember where to put which terminal. It’s also advised to be safe during the process, as you can get a shock if you don’t pay attention. Knowing how to jump-start can save your day and we hope our blog will help you understand the process completely. If you are still on the lookout for good jump starters, head over to Bestviewsreviews.com. We review some of the best product for your convenience. They are usually recommended on the basis of their performance, quality and popularity.
Stay up to date
Want to be the first one to know about the latest product reviews, subscribe now.