Microwave has become an indispensable appliance in almost all homes today. They are convenient, modern, and offer easy to use mechanism. With features like pre-set cooking options, convection, and baking option, microwaves sure have become the go-to appliance today. However, this blog will focus only on the basics and everything there is to know about a microwave.
How Do Microwaves Work?
A microwave works with the help of electromagnetic waves to heat the food. The use of high-frequency waves through a tube called a magnetron ejects warm air that circulates over the food. This hot air mixed with amino acids helps in cooking.
Why Use a Microwave?
- Offers quicker cooking techniques
- Offers quick cooking time
- Compact in shape and size resulting in a convenient storage
- Offers versatility in terms of recipes
- Less cooking time, so less power consumption
- Allows you to cook food
- Offers efficient features for defrosting, pre-heating, baking, and reheating
What is Microwave Oven Radiation?
Microwaves emit radiation made of electrical and magnetic energy. These energies are absorbed by the food. However, once the food absorbs the energy, the water molecules heat up and vibrate. This produces heat, which in turn cooks the food. Moreover, electromagnetic radiation is common in a number of industries, of which Microwaves form a major part.
Types of Microwaves
There are few types of microwaves, some of which we will highlight here
- Countertop microwaves, that are compact enough to place of countertop spaces
- Over-the-range microwaves are common above the cooking area or range for convenience
- Built-in microwaves are usually inside a cabinet or below the cooking range to save space
- A microwave drawer is popular below a wall oven or countertop and pulls out like a drawer
Features like easy defrosting, nonstick coating, varying power levels, child lock, and timely cooking for preparing dishes have made microwaves popular today. Besides, their sleek looks and attractive prices are another reason why the demand for microwaves always going through the roofs. The market for microwaves is expected to see a surge of $28 billion by 2023, offering a CAGR of a whopping 5.9%.
Now that you know everything about the microwave, head over to Bestviewsreviews.com. Besides, we review and recommend the best based on demand, popularity, and performance.
While we are at it, don’t forget to download the full infographic of Microwaves. In case you want to embed it, make sure to include us as a reference.
To stay up to date on the latest product reviews