A Wi-Fi router is responsible for ensuring seamless browsing for all the devices connected to the internet. If you’re currently planning on buying a new Wi-Fi router for your home or office space, this blog will help you understand its working mechanism better. At the end of this blog, you should be able to access your router through the internet and also keep a check on the security of your Wi-Fi against online hacks. These small things can optimize your router usage significantly. We hope this troubleshooting guide helps you to clear your doubts about Wi-Fi routers completely so that you can use your router to its maximum potential. If you are on the lookout for a suitable Wi-Fi Router, it is advisable you read through The Ultimate buying guide that helps you make an informed purchase decision.
How to Access my Router from the Internet?
There’re a few apps in the market which allow you to access your router from the Internet. But these apps require your PC to be always in the switched on mode. However, to access the router conveniently from an external internet connection cable you can insert the public IP address and the control port number of the router. There are some of the Best Terminals and Ends available online that helps you optimise the usage of the router by connecting the cables with fully secured terminal switches.
For example, If your IP address is 126.96.36.199, and your control port number is 8080, you can type in 188.8.131.52:8080. This will give you direct access to your router.
How to Know How Many Devices are Connected to my Wi-Fi Router?
A Wi-Fi router like TP-Link Wi-Fi Router can connect many devices in the same network. However, that can hamper its speed and performance. The solution is to reduce the number of devices connected to the router. Thus, if you are facing slow speed from the router, identify the number of devices connected by the following steps. Once you figure it out, select the devices you want to remove and make those undiscoverable.
- Put the default IP address in the browser
- Key in your Username and Password
- Once you log in go to the page where you can see a list of all the devices. This page can be accessed differently for different brands. For D-Link routers, you can click on the status tab to find a list of all the wireless clients. If you’re using a Verizon router, you will find this information on the My Network page. Similarly, this information can be easily extracted for different brands by following different steps
- If you feel unsure of the steps, you can check them on the internet as well
How to Extend the Wi-Fi Range with Another Router?
Many times, the strength of one Wi-Fi router is not enough to cover the entire space. Especially in commercial settings, having good Wi-Fi strength is important. That is where Wi-Fi repeaters come in. With them, you can easily extend its range over a larger area. You can also add Wi-Fi repeaters to your old router and can include it in the network by following the steps below.
- Open the admin page on your primary router. Enter the username and password to access the settings
- Note the details like Wireless mode, SSID, channel, and the security code
- Reset your old router by pressing the main button for 30 seconds and connect this router to your computer by an Ethernet cable
- Access the admin page of this router and insert all the details you noted down for your previous router
- Connect both the routers with the help of a CAT-5 cable
- Once you switch on the router and the Wi-Fi repeater, you will get a strong range around the house
Remember, the number of Wi-Fi repeaters required will depend on the size of the place where you are intending to use Wi-Fi on.
How to Check Browsing History on the Wi-Fi Router?
- Put in your IP address in the browser tab
- Sign in by putting in your credentials
- On the dashboard, you’ll be able to locate the history tab
For instance, if you’re using a Netgear router, you can find the browsing history on the left side under the logs tab. In case you have other brands and you are not able to check it, we recommend you to call the customer service centre or your internet provider.
Modern devices like Inkjet Printers or Wi-Fi Routers can be tricky sometimes and can make you confused. These troubleshooting tips can help you significantly and make your overall router usage quite convenient. Tips mentioned above can help you tremendously when you want to keep a track of certain things. Hopefully, this guide solves all your doubts about Wi-Fi routers. Additionally, we suggest you take at a look at the Ultimate Troubleshooting Guide for more clarity and understanding.
For more buying options, head over to Bestviewsreviews.com. They review & recommend some of the best products based on their quality, performance, and durability to simplify your buying process. So don't forget to take a look, before you get hooked. Happy shopping to you!
To stay up to date on the latest product reviews