Investing in a new product always brings a feeling of excitement and makes us full of expectations! It gets difficult to wait to actually put your latest gadget to use. When you bring a leaf blower home, you can't wait for autumn to arrive. It'd also important to learn how to use leaf blowers too. A leaf blower is a wonderful appliance that makes your autumn a happy season. The heaps of fallen leaves, often create a problem as your porch and front yard gets dirty. Now, instead of repeatedly removing the leaves manually, you can use a leaf blower for quick segregation of leaves and debris.
But sometimes it can be tricky to use new appliances and chances of committing mistakes during the usage is high. Electric leaf blowers are comparatively easier to use as compared to gas leaf blowers. In this blog, we will explain the mechanism of leaf blowers and the principles on which they operate.
How Do Leaf Blowers Work?
This invaluable tool works on the concept of centrifugal force, which means, the push that originates from the center is exerted towards the corners. They’ve spinning blades attached to a fan. The narrow tunnel forces out the air at blazing speed through the nozzle.
How to Start and Use Gas Leaf Blowers?
These blowers work on a mixture of gas and oil. For a two-stroke engine, gas and oil are mixed together in accurate proportions or as per the manual and for a four-stroke engine, gas is sufficient. Follow the mentioned steps to start your blower.
- Fill the gas and oil in a small can to make sure they blend well together. You can also shake the can to ensure that the mixture is well mixed
- After that, pour out the mixture in the gas tank
- Next, open the choke. You should refer to your user’s manual for this step. You should then pull the primer bulb six times and close the choke
- To get the engine going, you need to pull the chord four to five times and let it run for half a minute. If the engine dies in between, then it is advisable to repeat the process again by pulling the cord
- After half a minute of the uninterrupted start, the engine gets warmed up and your leaf blower starts sorting the leaves
If the blower dies again, there may be some issues with the appliance. You can fix these issues easily at home.
Electric blowers, on the other hand, are very easy to use and you just need to plug them in and press the ‘ON’ button. A leaf blower can also be used to clean a dryer vent. A clogged dryer vent can cause serious hazards and should be cleaned periodically. A leaf blower can be the best device for this task.
How to Clean Dryer Vent with Leaf Blowers?
- Separate the hose from the vent so that you can get started
- The next step would be to separate the cover from the external vent using a screwdriver
- Point the leaf blower towards the vent on a medium speed setting. Try to seal the vent around the nozzle of the blower
- After the process, it’s recommended to ensure that all the lint has been expelled and the dryer vent is clean
Thing to Consider while Using a Leaf Blower
It is better to use your blower on the days when the wind is in the same direction in which you want to blow them. Otherwise, it is preferred to blow them in hotter temperatures when there is less or no wind.
Wet leaves are very tough to remove with the help of a leaf blower. They might stick to the ground and not move.
Map out the place where you want your leaves to be. Blowing your leaves randomly without having a fixed place in mind can be a futile attempt. It’s better to plan the space beforehand where you want your leaves to land.
Position your blower at a horizontal level than a steep vertical angle and use back and forth movements to remove the leaves.
How to Test the Ignition Coil?
The process is simple and one should be able to perform it on their own. Follow these steps for testing the coil.
- Using a screwdriver, open the motor cover. All the essential components are located near the motor, so one should always start from here, in case of a problem
- Next, remove the parts and memorize how they were initially placed to help you recall the circuitry when you reassemble them
- Without cutting any cable, disconnect the wire on the spark plug by detaching it from other parts
- Holding the insulated part of the wire against the chassis, crack the engine simultaneously to detect any sparks. If the sparks are visible, the ignition coil is working and the problem might lie elsewhere
A leaf blower can transform your outdoor spaces, making them ideal for relaxation and exercise. Practice and patience can make you adept in using these blowers correctly. Investing in leaf blowers is always a good decision!
To stay up to date on the latest product reviews