Keurig Coffee Makers are single-brew makers that use K-Cups to give steaming hot mugs of coffee. K-Cups are coffee pods with an aluminium lid and filter. Having gained popularity recently, these coffee makers are convenient to work with. This write-up is all about their use, maintenance, and everything about them in a nutshell.
The intention of this blog is to bring clarity to the minds of the potential market looking to buy Keurig coffee makers. Moreover, if you are looking for regular coffee makers, take a look at our list of best coffee makers of 2021.
How to Use Keurig Coffee Makers?
- The first step is to detach the water reservoir and rinse it well with water. This reservoir is available at the back or the side of the machine
- After you’ve done the cleaning, fill the reservoir to its max level, and put it back on
- Switch on the power button to start the heating. Depending upon your variant, you might see a heating indicator
- If you’re using your Keurig for the first time, it’s advised to run the first brew cycle with a K-Cup
- Then place a mug on the drip tray and insert the K-Cup on the top. Push the handle down to close the lid of the machine after the K-Cup is inside
- Choose the brew size depending on the amount of coffee you want to make. Brewing on this appliance takes around 1 minute
- Once it's done, an indicator will tell you about the end of run-time. Pour a steamy cup of hot coffee and enjoy
- Remember to use freshly ground coffee only for the best results. To have freshly ground beans every time, it is best to invest in a good coffee grinder. This will ensure an even consistency and rich frothy cup.
How to Clean a Keurig?
Buying a branded coffee maker is not enough, the cleaning and maintenance of the appliance is equally crucial. However, the process of a cleaning a Keurig Coffee Maker involves the following steps.
- To clean the exterior, you can wipe it clean with a microfibre cloth and some drops of liquid soap
- Remember to rinse your drip tray and K-Cup holder with some water and soap
- Apart from the daily cleaning, deep cleaning is required every 3-6 months. This type of cleaning involves descaling with white vinegar to remove any mineral deposits
- To do it, you have to fill half of the reservoir with white vinegar and run several cycles without a K-Cup to remove the build-up
- You should also check the K-Cup holder and clean it when required with soap and water
How to Reset a Keurig Coffee Maker?
Resetting Keurig coffee makers is a simple process that shouldn’t take much time. However, if you haven’t assembled it properly or it has damaged or dirty parts, you may face issues.
To reset your Keurig, repeat the following steps,
- Turn it off and unplug it. Wait for a few minutes
- Remove the water reservoir and wait for a few more minutes
- Plug your machine and switch it on
- Put the water reservoir back into its place
- Open and close the K-Cup holder
- Start the brewing process again
How Many Watts Does a Keurig Use?
During the initial setup, a Keurig coffee maker uses maximum power. Usually, it takes three minutes to warm and 1500 watts of power.
If you brew more than four or five cups a day, it’s recommended to leave your Keurig on. This way it’ll consume only 200-400 watts of power as it won’t have to heat the water from the beginning.
When it’s sitting idle and not working, the power it consumes is similar to that of a 60 watt light bulb. This way, if you brew more cups, you will be able to save more power.
Best Keurig Coffee Makers 2021
Keurig K-Mini Coffee Maker
Keurig K-Mini Coffee Maker is a compact 5-inch coffee maker is a traveler's choice. It can be fit into tiny spaces and comes with an airtight insulated lid to keep your coffee hot or warm for long. With a brewing capacity of 6-12 oz, easy to clean feature, auto-off mechanism, and a removable drip tray, this mini coffee maker is a worthy purchase.
Keurig 155 Office Pro Commercial Coffee Maker
Keurig 155 Office Pro Commercial Coffee Maker is an innovative gadget that comes with advanced features like touchscreen navigation, adjustable temperature settings, and auto-off mechanism.
Available in 4 brew sizes and 18 cups of capacity, this coffee maker is a great addition to your kitchen.
Keurig K-Cafe Special Edition
Keurig K-Cafe Special Edition single-serve k-cup pod is a great appliance for making latte and cappuccino. This special edition coffee maker is versatile and quite popular for its consistent coffee.
Available in 4 cup sizes, this dishwasher safe coffee maker offers a smart start mechanism, auto-off mechanism, and can accommodate cups up to 7.2 inches. All these features make this coffee maker, highly popular.
Keurig K-cafe Single Serve Coffee Maker
Keurig K-cafe Single Serve Coffee Maker is a multi-functional gadget that can make consistent cafes, lattes, and cappuccinos. However, this is more suitable for coffee pods and comes with simple brew controls. Moreover, it is energy efficient, offers a smart start mechanism, and offers a 6 cup capacity.
Keurig K-Select Coffee Maker
Keurig K-Select Coffee Maker an amazing coffee maker is available in multiple brew sizes, simple button controls, a removable drip tray, and an efficient filter. Equipped with a quiet brew function, this coffee maker can accommodate 5 cups of coffee.
If you take care of your Keurig and use it wisely, it can last for years and brew you rich and consistent cups of coffee every time. The simple mechanism doesn’t require you to grind your coffee and is pretty easy to use and operate. We hope you find answers to all your questions regarding Keurig as well as the many types of coffee makers.
For more buying options, head over to Bestviewsreviews.com. They review & recommend some of the best products based on their quality, performance, and durability to simplify your buying process. So don't forget to take a look, before you get hooked. Happy shopping to you!
To stay up to date on the latest product reviews